Millions of American citizens are still reeling from the blows that have been meted out to them by the economic meltdown, the deep recession that tagged along, and the ongoing economic struggles of the country. Economically devastated, these individuals have reached a place where something as mundane as a mobile phone is considered a luxury. And that’s where Obama free cell phones come to their rescue.
Where do I go to get my free Obama Phone?
By 2017, the program has been running in 49 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia and will soon cover all 50 states. You may get your phone from Safelink Wireless, Assurance Wireless, or ReachOut Wireless— the three major providers. Or, try smaller providers like Alaska Communications, Wireless for Hope, Assist Wireless, Cintex Wireless, Life Wireless, Terracom Wireless, and True Wireless. This list continues to expand.
Get your Obama phone in five easy steps:
- Check eligibility: The eligibility criteria differ from one state to another. However, you can be eligible by participating in one of the major programs that are accepted by all states. These programs include the Food Stamps, National School Lunch Program’s Free School Lunch, Medicaid, and others.
- Check which company serves your area: The companies as mentioned earlier and others offer the Obama free cell phones in different states, which is why you need to check which of them serve your area.
- Fish for better deals: While most companies offer similar programs, some have better deals than the others. For instance, some may offer the ability to text at significantly reduced prices while others throw in additional minutes. Check the website for each of these companies thoroughly before going to the next step.
- Fill the application form: Found your favorite of the Obama free cell phones? Good. Now simply fill in the online application provided by that company. You may also avail this form of mobile vendors or outside government assistance offices.
- Check your mailbox: Your mobile will be mailed to you soon after.
20 million Americans are already reaping the benefits of the Obama free cell phones that are also accompanied by 250 free cell phone minutes every month.